Friday, December 29, 2006

a lab and a lamb

this is my puppy parker.


and he is precious. seriously, the sweetest, most gentle and loving dog i have ever met. and one of the neediest.

it's adorable how he follows me around the house - he wants to be right by my side allll the time. sometimes when i'm showering, he whimpers because he thinks he's lost me.

and apparently parker is taking lessons from houdini (i'm sure thats spelled wrong but you know who i'm talking about) on how to escape without leaving any trace of effort. if i ever leave the house for more than an hour, somehow, someway parker finds a way out of our fenced-in backyard. thankfully, our wonderful neighbors find him almost every time.

and how can i get mad at him? he is just so dependent on me and misses me terribly! and sometimes i don't get why he loves me - i'm nowhere near a perfect mom....and i can be kind of hard on him. despite that, his excitement to be around me never changes.

and i think to myself...that is the kind of disposition i want and the attitude i desire to have toward God. ...a deep awareness of my total need for God and reckless determination to be near Him ...because of a firm belief in His goodness!

this little puppy of mine ...a lowly lab reveals the beautiful temperament of a lamb of God.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Hey there! You commented on my blog (and I think one of my articles on Relevant) a while back. I wanted to return the favor, considering I just recently realized your comment was on my blog a few entries back.

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. It is always wonderful to hear and God seems to bring it at the perfect time.

Hope this finds you well.

*Rachel

10:17 PM  
Blogger ericka b said...

I love it when Father reveals himself in he details of our daily life! When the things we live suddenly become an awe-inspiring inspiration... and then we never see them the same! Thanks for sharing :) Love u!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Ashley Warren said...

Cutest put!

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home