Monday, April 17, 2006

You have not been forgotten.

I thoroughly enjoyed this Easter weekend. Jesus is wooing me closer to Himself. Monte Starks is teaching a 12 week series at EPIC (singles sunday school at OMPC) entitled "Jesus the Person: He Looks, He Feels, He Acts". He has taken us through several passages examining how Jesus reacted to people in different situations. He didn't just see them, he LOOKED at them and He FELT for them.

This week he talked a little bit about how Jesus looked at his mother Mary as he was dying on the cross. John 19:26-27 says

"When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, 'Woman, behold, your son!' Then He said to the disciple, 'Behold, your mother!' And from that hour the disciple took her to his own home."

It struck me that at His absolute most emptiest, most painful moments, Jesus thought about something other than the blood, pain, the ugliness of sin that was upon Him for the first time in eternity, and the separation from Father...He looked at his earthly mother and saw her heart. Who knows exactly what she was feeling at that moment...but I wonder if she felt alone, abandoned, afraid. And her Jesus looked at her with heartfelt compassion and said (basically) "I have not forgotten about you. I am not abandoning you. Let this man take care of you when I am gone."

"The beloved of the Lord dwells in safety. The High God surrounds Him all day long, and dwells between His shoulders." - Deuteronomy 33:12

"And I will be to her a wall of fire all around, declares the Lord, and I will be the glory in her midst." - Zechariah 2:5

"Therefore, the Lord waits to be gracious to you, and He exalts Himself to show mercy to you. For the Lord is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for Him." - Isaiah 30:18

"For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from Him. He only is my Rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my wholeness and my glory; my mighty Rock, my refuge is God." - Psalm 62:5-7

Jesus, i will go where you lead me because with You my soul is safe. I trust, I believe in the completeness of Your life and I am trusting that you are forming Christ's character in me. I welcome the flow of your life through me! This is my freedom: come work in me, whatever it takes for me to know You and understand You, whatever it takes for the life of Christ to be manifested! Thank you that i can KNOW that you orchestrate even the smallest of details to point back to You. I can rest and know that no matter what happens or doesn't happen, You have a purpose in it - and that is to draw me closer to your heart! How wonderful is our God!

1 Comments:

Blogger carol b said...

i love you!!! and i love how everything directs our gaze to the Lord.. He reveals Himself even in the smallest things possible. move to nashville so we can live together.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home