Thursday, April 06, 2006

looking to Jesus...

It's been a hard couple of weeks...i feel like i have been working nonstop on my portfolio for graduate school for a million years! i turn it in on monday...and then it will all be over!

I am tired.

No, I'm exhausted.

I lack discipline.

I lack motivation.


I have been looking forward to Monday for a while now...I can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. But my Jesus whispers, I AM HERE NOW. I am ENOUGH. I AM the light at the end of the tunnel. Getting this work done brings only temporary relief. Even though this ridiculously big project eats up my time and my energy, it has a purpose. My heart will trust. so i look to Jesus.

He is STRENGTH.

He is my motivation.

He is discipline in me.


"looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God." - Hebrews 12:2

This week, I heard a teacher tell a misbehaving student "you need to do what you should and not what you want to all of the time!" hearing this, i felt i had been thumped in the head. there is value in obedience. there is value in discipline....it is the vehicle that drives us to Jesus. and we have been called to be servants...but not necessarily in terms of fulfilling a task because HE HAS ALREADY FULFILLED IT; we have been given a position of high importance and value - we have been called servants in the terms of a RELATIONSHIP.

"but you, Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, the offspring of Abraham, my friend; you whom I took from the ends of the earth, and called from its farthest corners, saying to you, 'You are my servant, I have chosen you and not cast you off'; fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." - Isaiah 41: 9-10

"He gives power to the faint and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." - Isaiah 40: 29-31

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home