Tuesday, April 25, 2006

speed zone ahead

It's a long unaccompanied drive on a series of mostly two-lane backroads from Montevallo to my home, and this time of year i usually get to enjoy the sun shining its last rays of glory onto the dusky sky. Its been a frequent habit of the Lord's to set aside this stretch of time to speak to me, to romance me. Through music - loud music. Through the woods, the small towns, the open fields I drive through. Through the blustery wind whipping through my open windows. I know it's bad, and I deserve a big fat ticket, but sometimes, i really just wanna slam it and drive 90 miles an hour! I pass a lightpost from which a small sign hangs that could easily be missed. It says simply "GOD IS LOVE" and it is beautiful to me.

And can I just add how much I am enjoying this summer weather so far!?!? This weekend, a group of 24 birminghamians and I took a trip to catch some rays at my sister's lovely beach house "it's five o'clock somewhere" in seacrest beach, Fl. It was incredible!! It was so good to spend time with friends and see the Bham crew grow closer together! I haven't had that much fun with that many people in a really long time. We played volleyball nonstop (go G.A.T.A.!!!), watched a school of dolphins swim by us, played on the beach at night, got crazy, got relaxed, cooked an amazing dinner in, went out, sat out on the front porch like old men from small town, alabama, almost got struck by lightning (well at least Heather Smith did), and saw about fifty shooting stars while reciting rap lyrics (oh yes), and smoked more cigars than i have had in a long time. thanks to kate, i'm becoming a nicotine-addict. haha!







1 Comments:

Blogger Billie said...

suz, you fine looking with the gar. Hey, I am so jealous of the a'ville peeps you picked up, Heather Smith raised me. I suffered through some of the worst double dates with that kid. You are in good company, miss you!
Billie

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home