Thursday, December 29, 2005

He calls me His dreamer

This is a close up of small section of a new painting. So far it's just a color field with some distorted images popping through the background.


I painted all afternoon yesterday on my little back porch. AND IT WAS WONDERFUL.

Before I did this I was wandering around Homewood looking at houses. Each house that had a "for rent" or "for sale" sign had a sun room or porch and an easel, canvas, and paint brushes that could easily be seen from the road. I was kinda gettin freaked out because I had already planned on doing some painting.

I feel God's pleasure when I paint. And it's because I am being who He created me to be - myself... and I am (we are) a reflection of His beauty. The creator, the dreamer, the imaginative God has left his mark on me. I love being an artist.

Jacob's Dream by Museo Del Prado, Madrid 1639



"love woke me up this morning
with a memory
love came and whispered a story
that awakened a dream
imagine a beautiful castle and a beautiful king...
I am a dreamer!
Take me higher
Open the sky up and start a fire"

"we come with beautiful secrets
we come with purposes written on our hearts, written on our souls"

I encourage you to find out what gives you God's pleasure and go do it!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ashley Warren said...

What an awesome story. I am a wonderful artist in my head, I have so many ideas. . . if only the paint thingy worked when I try to show it to other people! GGGGOOOOSSSSHHHH!!!!!!

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home