Friday, December 09, 2005

As fierce as a lion, as gentle as a lamb

I just got home from watching The Chronicles of Narnia.

My heart is reminded again of the fierceness and power of our King Jesus. As His daughter, and because my name is Susan too, I kept seeing myself as part of the story. The best quote from the movie (adapted from the first and last book) was "He's not a tame lion... but He's good"...I really liked the word oppositions - not tame, but good. HE IS WILD. He is unpredictable. He is mysterious. He comes and goes as He pleases. He definitely does His own thang, youknowwhati'msayin??





WILD Spirit of Jesus, flow freely in my heart!




sidenote: i loved Lucy's innocence, curiosity, honesty, and whole-hearted, simple belief and hope in her Aslan. She was the youngest, but her faith was the biggest. She believed even when nothing made sense. Nothing had to make sense for her to understand.





As Aslan denied himself and offered himself up to death by the hand of the white witch, images from the passion of the Christ (obviously and appropriately) kept flashing back and forth in my mind. I kept thinking about what Jesus heard and saw as He was tortured, mocked, and crucified. Not only did He see and hear the soldiers' mocking and shouting, but also (probably) hundreds of thousands of demons as well...I imagined an unbelievably loud roar of voices rejoicing at their (temporary and bogus) victory. Our King is alive! And the victory is ours! Hallelujah!


4 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

I cant wait to see it! So glad you liked it! Miss you kid!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Ashley Warren said...

Going in 2 hours!!! With the book fresh on my mind I can't wait to see the picture. I already have a whole movie in my head. It was so easy to see myself in that picture because guess what, I am and He is and that is the whole point! Wish they would make movies for the other 6 books too.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Rachel Kay said...

gosh i wanna see it real bad. it was good to hear from you the other night! i must confess i was half asleep, however, i did get to hear the sweet sounds of jump. thanks for thinkin of me kiddo.

7:06 PM  
Blogger carol b said...

i concur dear susan... narnia was amazing. and i waited for that great line the entire movie. HE IS NOT TAME... i think in the book the kids asked the beaver if aslan was safe, and the beaver said, he isnt safe, but he's good. i love it, our God is FIERCE and GOOD. oh yeh, and have you seen the old version of narnia, BBC style. lucy was kind of hard on the eyes, i was relieved that lucy was so cute in this one

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home