Sunday, October 23, 2005

tha beech















Oh the beach. the sand. the waves. the smell of salted air. and RED TIDE. has anyone heard of
this? this was my "something new" in the "you learn something new every day" for the weekend. me and my peeps went to my sister's lovely beachhouse this weekend to enjoy some rest, relaxation, and football. as we strolled down the street towards the beach, we begin to feel the urge to cough. and it became stronger. we had begun to experience this evil little phenomenon called Red Tide - some sort of substance that comes from algae (I think) that gets stirred up by hurricanes at this time of the year - made its way into our lungs! apparently, this stuff is semi-toxic. but we didn't let it beat us - by Saturday morning, we were out on the beach like champs playin football, throwin the frisbee - enjoying life, enjoying Him.

Regardless of the evil RED TIDE, we had a blast this weekend. Good fellowship, perfect weather, amazing house, great food, intense football, and a very good God. I was so glad to spend some time with new friends Michelle and Melissa. It blesses my heart how Father created women in His image and how we have such a unique relationship with each other as sisters in Christ. We have such tender hearts; we're servants, we're sensitive, we're perceptive, we are detail-oriented and we are nesters - just like our Father.

"God's heart is the most sensitive and tender of all. No act goes unnoticed, no matter how insignificant or small. A cup of cold water is enough to put tears in the eyes of God. Like the proud mother who is thrilled to receive a bouquet of wilted dandelions from her child, so God celebrates our feeble expressions of gratitude" - Brennan Manning

The prayer of my heart lately has been that I would be more tender and compassionate. Most of the time I don't FEEL like that way but I will choose to believe that because Jesus is in me and that I am full of the Spirit of Christ that tenderness and compassion overflows in me. Thank you Jesus that not only do you have a dangerous, wild, and limitless love for us, but also a tender love, a compassionate love, a detailed love.


"the heart of the Spirit-filled person overflows with tenderness" - B. Manning


"and be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." - Ephesians 4:32

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home